Strolling of the Heifers Maple ‘n’ Mud Fest
157 Main Street
Brattleboro, VT 05301
Come celebrate the changing seasons with Maple Producers and Regional Farmers! This is a community event, free and open to the public at the Stroll’s new home – the River Garden, 157 Main Street, Brattleboro.
- The grades of maple syrup are being renamed to provide the general public with a little more clarity on what each grade is best suited. The new names are based on their color so come SEE, and then taste the differences thanks to Hidden Springs Maple!
- Bascom Family Farms will be providing a rich history of maple sugaring in the area with artifacts from the late 1890′s and early 1900′s.
- Then talk to your modern maple producers like Robb Family Farm or Harlow’s Sugar House to get a feel for how things have changed!
- Your Brattleboro CO-OP will be demonstrating how to use maple as an everyday ingredient in your pantry.
- Check out locally made products that use maple as a sweetener:Coddle & Cosset Truffles, True North Granola, O So Fine Gluten Free. Wash it all down with a pickle from Randy atMountain Mowing Farm!
- What kind of a Maple Fest would be complete without pancakes?Green Mountain Flour will be on hand to make that a reality!
- Don’t have a big sweet tooth? Varee’s Thai Kitchen can cook up your Saturday lunch while listening to local musicians Bada Raga – Classical Indian Music with a Vermont Twist! Later in the day we will be joined by Franz Robert and Friends playing experimental jazz!
- Stop by the table of Brattleboro Time Trade – we know you have been thinking about it, now is a great time to get those questions answered
- Over 21? Whistle Pig Whiskey, a Vermont local spirits producer will be showcasing their products – enjoy responsibly
- Jen Swanson of Studio Main will be offering great Mothers Day items including soaps, lotions, and “mud” masks! Be sure to show the women in your life how much you love them with a thoughtful gift!