Join us in Vermont year round as we celebrate and share the joy of Vermont Maple with friends, family and visitors at one of our many Maple fairs, festivals and events.
Subscribe to our calendar and hear about where the Maple fun is every day!
March 2015 – April 2016
Kick-off Maple Open House Weekend in style!
Fri., March 27, 5:30 – 8:00 pm Fresh Tracks Farm in Montpelier will host “Mayo’s Taste of Maple”. Attendees will sample sweet and savory maple items and help decide the “People’s Choice” winner! This maple food tasting, chef contest and auction will benefit Mayo Healthcare’s van fund. Tickets are $25 and include a glass of wine, tasting, hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction (gift certificates, maple items, original art, ski passes, etc.) Only 75 tickets will be sold, purchase at: www.brownpapertickets.com
Saturday and Sunday, March 28th and 29th
Cambridge, Vermont – Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits is hosting their annual Maple Sugar Festival during Maple Open House Weekend, Saturday & Sunday, March 28th and 29th, 2015, to celebrate the sugaring season.
The Boyden family has been making Vermont maple syrup for five generations in the picturesque Lamoille River valley using a traditional wood-fired evaporator with sap collected from over 300 acres of maple trees located on the family’s farm. The sugar house is conveniently located behind the winery for easy access to anyone that is interested in viewing the sugaring process.
Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits crafts over 20 different wines, ciders, and spirits including two unique wines and a cream liqueur using their estate maple syrup. The Annual Maple Sugar Festival is an ideal time to visit the winery to sample these local Vermont delicacies and learn about one of Vermont’s oldest and most loved traditions – Maple Sugaring!
Locals and visitors of all ages are encouraged to stop by Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits from 10am-5pm during the Maple Sugar Festival weekend to enjoy the activities and experience all things maple including:
- Free Sugar on Snow!
- Free Demonstrations of Maple Sugaring with a traditional wood-fired evaporator
- Free Maple Syrup Sample Tastings
- Free Winery Tours at 11:30am and 1:00pm (tours suitable for all ages)
- Free Tastings of Vermont Maple Reserve, Gold Leaf wine, and Vermont Ice Maple Crème liqueur
- Free Maple Cocktail Tasting and Recipe
- Free Parking and No Admission fee
- Donuts with maple cream will be available at the Sugar House while they last!
- Specialty Wine & Food Tastings featuring Cabot Cheeses, My Little Cupcakes, & Brown Family Farm maple candies will be available in the winery
- Pleasant Valley Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides will be available weather & ground conditions permitting
For questions or more information on the Maple Sugar Festival contact Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits at 802-644-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits on Facebook or Twitter.
Visit Vermont sugarhouses and restaurants across the state and watch as maple syrup is being made. Join our family tradition and be a part of all the fun!
Maple Open House Weekend offers visitors an opportunity to see a variety of sugarhouses throughout Vermont in operation during sugaring season. This is the most exciting time of year for our sugarmakers and they are thrilled to open their doors and educate everyone on all things maple. Have you ever wondered how the sap from the trees gets to the sugarhouse and becomes the maple syrup you love? Do you know why maple is more nutrient dense than alternative sweeteners? Do you love maple and want to know how to incorporate it in more of your favorite recipes? Here is your opportunity to have all your questions answered by genuine Vermont sugarmakers. We encourage visitors to see as many sugarhouses as you can plan on your visit. They each offer a unique experience. Some of the planned activities for the weekend include:
- Live fiddle music
- Tours of the woods and sugarhouse
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Maple cocktail tasting
- Samples of specialty products
- Wood-fired Maple Pizza
- Pancake and waffle breakfasts
- Maple cream frosted donuts, maple cotton candy and sugar-on-snow
- Lunch featuring maple recipes
- Maple syrup samples
- Candy-making demonstrations
- Museum collection of antique sugaring items
- And plenty of Maple products to purchase
Check out the individual participating sugarhouses to see a complete list of activities and directions to plan your route!