Join us in Vermont year round as we celebrate and share the joy of Vermont Maple with friends, family and visitors at one of our many Maple fairs, festivals and events.
Subscribe to our calendar and hear about where the Maple fun is every day!
April 2014 – July 2015
Join us the for 48th Annual Vermont Maple Festival on April 25-27, 2014. During the Maple Festival, visitors flock from throughout the United States, as well as other countries, to downtown St. Albans for maple treats, maple learning, and maple fun at the end of The Maple Season in Vermont.
Much of the event is without cost and handicapped accessible. Attractions include the Exhibit Hall, Main Street Entertainment Stage, Crafts, Specialty Foods, Youth Talent Show, Antique Show and Sale, and Fiddlers’ Variety Show, Carnival, Sugarhouse Tours, Pancake Breakfasts, a Sap Run Road Race, Cooking Demonstrations and Contests, Face Painting for the children, Giant Parade, Maple Creemees, Maple Sugar-on-Snow, Maple Cotton Candy, and much more. Find the fun at vermontmaplefestival.org.
Come celebrate the changing seasons with Maple Producers and Regional Farmers! This is a community event, free and open to the public at the Stroll’s new home – the River Garden, 157 Main Street, Brattleboro.
- The grades of maple syrup are being renamed to provide the general public with a little more clarity on what each grade is best suited. The new names are based on their color so come SEE, and then taste the differences thanks to Hidden Springs Maple!
- Bascom Family Farms will be providing a rich history of maple sugaring in the area with artifacts from the late 1890′s and early 1900′s.
- Then talk to your modern maple producers like Robb Family Farm or Harlow’s Sugar House to get a feel for how things have changed!
- Your Brattleboro CO-OP will be demonstrating how to use maple as an everyday ingredient in your pantry.
- Check out locally made products that use maple as a sweetener:Coddle & Cosset Truffles, True North Granola, O So Fine Gluten Free. Wash it all down with a pickle from Randy atMountain Mowing Farm!
- What kind of a Maple Fest would be complete without pancakes?Green Mountain Flour will be on hand to make that a reality!
- Don’t have a big sweet tooth? Varee’s Thai Kitchen can cook up your Saturday lunch while listening to local musicians Bada Raga – Classical Indian Music with a Vermont Twist! Later in the day we will be joined by Franz Robert and Friends playing experimental jazz!
- Stop by the table of Brattleboro Time Trade – we know you have been thinking about it, now is a great time to get those questions answered
- Over 21? Whistle Pig Whiskey, a Vermont local spirits producer will be showcasing their products – enjoy responsibly
- Jen Swanson of Studio Main will be offering great Mothers Day items including soaps, lotions, and “mud” masks! Be sure to show the women in your life how much you love them with a thoughtful gift!
The 2014 Vermont Maplerama will be held in Franklin County Vermont on July 24-26 at the Franklin County Field days.
It will be a full weekend! 14 tours have been scheduled, great food – cookouts and entertainment! For more information please visit the Official 2014 Maplerama site.
Thursday – July 24 at Franklin County Field Days – Highgate VT
3:00-8:00 PM Registration
5:00-7:00 PM Appetizers – Bar Open
4:00-8:00 PM Trade Show
Friday – July 25 at Franklin County Field Days – Highgate, VT
6:30-8:00 AM Registration Trade show
6:30-7:30 AM Breakfast
8:00 AM – 4:45 PM Tours
5:00 – 6:00 PM Social Hour Trade Show
6:00-7:00 PM Dinner Followed by Awards and Entertainment
Saturday – July 26 at Franklin County Field Days – Highgate, VT
6:30-8:00 AM Registration Trade show
6:30-7:30 AM Breakfast
1:00 – Chicken Barbeque
65 Camper sites will be available at the Field days with water hook ups. Econo Lodge has set aside some rooms until May 1st 2014. The LaQuinta is a hotel located close also. There are some great B&B in the county also.
Registration form available here – Registration Form
For more detailed information on the scheduled tours, the maple syrup contest, and more, please visit the Official 2014 Maplerama site.
Free Sugar on Snow and wood-fired maple pizza both days. Bonfire on Saturday from 4 pm – 8 pm. Bring the family and explore how our family has made maple syrup over the generations. Our museum is located in the sugarhouse that Steve grew up sugaring in. Weather permitting we will be boiling the old-fashioned way in the museum. Tours of our new eco-friendly modern sugarhouse will also be available. Be sure to check out our website, www.jedsmaple.com, for more details as we get closer to the event.
Kick-off Maple Open House Weekend in style!
Fri., March 27, 5:30 – 8:00 pm Fresh Tracks Farm in Montpelier will host “Mayo’s Taste of Maple”. Attendees will sample sweet and savory maple items and help decide the “People’s Choice” winner! This maple food tasting, chef contest and auction will benefit Mayo Healthcare’s van fund. Tickets are $25 and include a glass of wine, tasting, hors d’oeuvres and a silent auction (gift certificates, maple items, original art, ski passes, etc.) Only 75 tickets will be sold, purchase at: www.brownpapertickets.com
Visit Vermont sugarhouses and restaurants across the state and watch as maple syrup is being made. Join our family tradition and be a part of all the fun!
For a full listing of sugarhouses, please visit vermontmaple.org/2015-maple-open-house-weekend/
Each sugarhouse is different, with a unique experience to offer guests. Some hold pancake breakfasts while others offer wagon or sleigh rides. At some sugarhouses you can ski or snowshoe through the woods and others offer a chance to taste authentic Sugar-on-Snow. Plan your tour of sugarhouses today!
Saturday and Sunday, March 28th and 29th
Cambridge, Vermont – Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits is hosting their annual Maple Sugar Festival during Maple Open House Weekend, Saturday & Sunday, March 28th and 29th, 2015, to celebrate the sugaring season.
The Boyden family has been making Vermont maple syrup for five generations in the picturesque Lamoille River valley using a traditional wood-fired evaporator with sap collected from over 300 acres of maple trees located on the family’s farm. The sugar house is conveniently located behind the winery for easy access to anyone that is interested in viewing the sugaring process.
Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits crafts over 20 different wines, ciders, and spirits including two unique wines and a cream liqueur using their estate maple syrup. The Annual Maple Sugar Festival is an ideal time to visit the winery to sample these local Vermont delicacies and learn about one of Vermont’s oldest and most loved traditions – Maple Sugaring!
Locals and visitors of all ages are encouraged to stop by Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits from 10am-5pm during the Maple Sugar Festival weekend to enjoy the activities and experience all things maple including:
- Free Sugar on Snow!
- Free Demonstrations of Maple Sugaring with a traditional wood-fired evaporator
- Free Maple Syrup Sample Tastings
- Free Winery Tours at 11:30am and 1:00pm (tours suitable for all ages)
- Free Tastings of Vermont Maple Reserve, Gold Leaf wine, and Vermont Ice Maple Crème liqueur
- Free Maple Cocktail Tasting and Recipe
- Free Parking and No Admission fee
- Donuts with maple cream will be available at the Sugar House while they last!
- Specialty Wine & Food Tastings featuring Cabot Cheeses, My Little Cupcakes, & Brown Family Farm maple candies will be available in the winery
- Pleasant Valley Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides will be available weather & ground conditions permitting
For questions or more information on the Maple Sugar Festival contact Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits at 802-644-8151 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits on Facebook or Twitter.
Caledonia County Hosts the 2015 Maplerama!