Courtesy of Mary and Sarah Schreindorfer and Vermont Public Television
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups pure Vermont Maple Syrup
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 – 9 in unbaked pie shell
1. In a heavy saucepan, wisk together cream and flour until smooth.
2. Add maple syrup, butter and pepper.
3. Cook stirring over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Do not let the mixture boil.
4. Pour filling into pie shell and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbling.
6. Cool on a rack and then refrigerate until thoroughly cooled before serving.