Maple Cinnamon Popcorn
Recipe from Full of Plants
1 tbsp (15ml) coconut oil
1/4 cup popcorn kernels (unpopped)
1/4 cup (60ml) pure Vermont maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 250°F (125°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
2) Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn kernels and cover the saucepan with a lid. Wait about 30 seconds, the kernels will pop. Shake the saucepan to make sure all the kernels pop.
3) Once the popping has slowed down, remove from heat and let it sit for another minute.
4) Heat the maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to boil and some foam/bubbles form, let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
5) Pour over the popcorn, add the cinnamon and vanilla extract, and immediately stir using a wooden spoon to coat the popcorn.
6) Transfer the popcorn to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes, the popcorn will become crunchy.
7) Maple popcorn will keep for up to two weeks stored in an airtight container at room temperature.