Maple Glazed Banana Bread
Recipe from A Latte Food
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3-4 medium bananas, or 2 large bananas
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease one 9x5 pan or two 8x4 pans.
2. In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
5. To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Stir until just combined.
7. Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined.
8. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (for two 8x4 pans) or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it. If using one 9x5 pan, bake at 350 for 30 minutes; then lower the temp to 325 and bake for 15-20 or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
9. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack.
1. Melt butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon over low heat. Once melted together, pull off the heat. Sift in powdered sugar, and whisk until fully combined. Allow to cool for 8-10 minutes so the glaze can thicken.
2. Once the glaze has thickened, give it a quick stir and pour it over the breads.
3. Allow the glaze to harden completely before cutting into slices.